Thursday, May 3, 2012

Growing up in the mountains of New Mexico, we didn't have formal flower beds, just the occasional smattering of wild flowers in the spring and fall.  When I moved into my own home, I tried my hand at gardening - both flowers and veggies - and discovered that neither of my thumbs are green.  After several failed attempts, I left the outdoors alone to thrive on it's own.  A few years ago, a friend introduced me to water gardens.  It's amazing what will grow in a big tub of water without my assistance.  With my confidence rebuilt, I have ventured back into gardening.  I've planted perennials like roses, clematis, zebra grass, lantanas.  If it can survive without any help from me, then it's welcome in my garden.  Here's some of my favorites.

Created with Rose Garden by Mommy Made This

No comments:

Post a Comment