Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trusting Instincts

Creating digital scrapbook pages is my newest obsession.  The creation part isn't new, since I've been doing them for two years, but the obsession part is new.  I spend many hours at the computer researching kits, looking through photographs, learning how to use Photoshop, reading tutorials on techniques, and browsing through galleries of beautifully designed layouts by talented people.  The more I learn about design, techniques, and personal style, the more frustrated I get with my results.  Looking through earlier layouts, I actually like them better.  It's like I know instinctively when a page looks good, but the more I try to plan a page to look good, the worse it becomes.  Another lesson in trusting my instincts and learning to appreciate what I can do, not what I think I should do.  Here's one of my newest - and the kit I used "Snowfall" by Gettin' Scrappy with Britt.

 

1 comment: